Skip to main content

Green Eggs and Chimichurri

I know many of the young chefs enjoyed making their green eggs last week.  So many of them loved the "sauce" that we put on them.  The "sauce" was actually an herby chimichurri that we made using garlic and lots of fresh herbs.  I actually used it tonight to make some pan-seared chicken. It was amazing!

Our green eggs from last week:



I split my chicken breast in half longways and let them sit in the chimichurri sauce for about 20 minutes or so before the hit the plan. Longer in the fridge would be even better!  Same some to add at the end.  I cook them on medium-high for about 5 minutes a side.





Here is the link to the recipe: Green Eggs & Herby Chimichurri Sauce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Babka

Today I attempted something that I have never made before, Babka! It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I used our family's sweet yeast dough as the base and then added lots of Nutella on the inside. Elliott loved to help mix the dough up and I ended up putting it together and baking it while he (attempted) took a nap.  Here is the link for the recipe:  Babka

Confetti Cookies

I was looking for a quick cooking project to do with Elliott and I forgot about these cookies.  They use cake mix as the base! They are simple to make and I usually have everything on hand.  I usually use jimmies (or sprinkles) instead of the nonpareils.  Elliott went a little heavy with the nonpareils, which is why they look like there are a lot of them in there and started to discolor the cookie.  Enjoy! Here is the link for the recipe:  Confetti Cookies

Is It Snowing?

Coming from Buffalo, when there is a snow storm or blizzard and you are stuck at home, you bake.  Get out the butter, sugar, & flour, and dust off your mixer.  Today was a perfect day for making cookies! We made Oma's (or my grandmother's) cutout cookie recipe that is the only one I have ever known and used.  It's a buttery, sugar cookie that isn't too sweet.  We use the frosting from the cupcakes & frosting recipe to spread on top. I also found out today that I don't have alot of food coloring left.  Only a few drops of some neon colors.  I will be fixing that with an Amazon order soon. Here is the link to the recipe: Oma's Cutout Cookies